Bolts/ nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know Where I might be able to find a list of all the nuts and boat sizes for all the components and pieces on a K 1500 pick up?? Or does such an animal even exist? Thanks

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That could be handy….if you ever find one.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
It could be handy if you dont mind searching through a short novel size book then waiting a week for McMaster to ship you a box of 100.

Or you could just bring your rusty, stripped fastener to ACE hardware and get what you need on the spot.

Just saying, thats how its been done since the Model T

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having recently disassembled over half of a truck, there are some common sizes but this era of GM is the king of mixing SAE and Metric anywhere and everywhere. If such a list were to be created, it would look mostly like a list of all sizes that exist within reason with a few omissions.

If it's getting equipped with tools that you're looking for, realistically you need the standard no skip sets of at least 5/16 - 3/4 and 8mm - 19mm. You can fudge most of the stuff larger than that with an adjustable wrench.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could be handy if you dont mind searching through a short novel size book then waiting a week for McMaster to ship you a box of 100.

Or you could just bring your rusty, stripped fastener to ACE hardware and get what you need on the spot.

Just saying, thats how its been done since the Model T
I’m neither here nor there on this, but looking up a bolt in a book or catalog seems pretty easy. And why would you have to order a box of 100 from McMaster Carr? Like you said, just go to a hardware store. Something tells me OP has a bigger project than just 1 bolt/run to the hardware store situation, but who knows.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anybody know Where I might be able to find a list of all the nuts and boat sizes for all the components and pieces on a K 1500 pick up?? Or does such an animal even exist? Thanks

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's in the factory service manual, size and torque values at the end of each chapter. National parts Depot aka NPD, sells bundled bolt kits.
You could also go to " GM Parts Giant " enter your VIN then just click on the first category, then sub, and start from there.
GM may have that on a database somewhere. Remove a fastener, measure take notes. Or look it up in a GM parts take notes.
Good luck.
There is no instant feedback here, we all have lives. Making multiple posts of same topic will not get faster response. Only waste peoples time.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why you reposting this same question? You already posted this question.

Think the site might have glitched and he double posted it by accident. I went ahead and combined the threads.