Bolt on Tire Carrier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regal_Six

Reaction score
Long story short: I've got a set of 4 oem aluminum 18's off a NBS silverado on my suburban but one of them cracked open this week. Found another set of the same 4 wheels for decent on facebook so I have 7+1 of the same wheels now. I'd like to put one in place of the standard spare tire (vertically in the cab, far back on DS under carpeted cover) and I'd like to put one on rear of the rig. Has anyone seen a swinging spare carrier that bolts to the factory bumper? I really dig the Wilco one that hooks into the hitch but $800 is a little heavy for me currently and I would think a bumper mounted one would suck the spare in a few inches. I've got no issues drilling holes in my bumper and adding a backing plate if necessary though. Since these bumpers are still set up for a ball hitch directly mounted to the bumper with a few hundred pounds of tongue load I would think it could carry a spare tire.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I'd seen this sooner, I did this a while back. I used this tire mount and cut it at the 90° section so it was just straight up. Then I put it in this adapter. You'll need to drill new holes, but you'll have a swing down tire carrier. I wanted bumper mount as well, but I found nothing short of a new bumper altogether.

You must be registered for see images attach