Body Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dom2door

Reaction score
I was going to do a body off 5.7 replacement, but going to do an LS swap 5.3 instead.
The transmission was leaking and could not see from where.
The front diff was leaking and looked like from every where.
After lifting the body off seen that the transmission was leaking from the wire harness plug.
After pulling the engine and front differential out found that the front differential was leaking from the vent tube fitting (big plastic cap thing).
I will post more photos with things like how I did the fuel regulator and exhaust as I get them done,
You must be registered for see images attach

Dom2door

Reaction score
Engine going in had some engine mount problems with being off by an inch too far forward, had to go with different mounts. Install was easy even with the issues with the body off.
All this work is by my self that is why I removed the body

Attachments

• 5D1C19A6-5459-4A26-A327-44BE7C7B7841.jpeg
    5D1C19A6-5459-4A26-A327-44BE7C7B7841.jpeg
    197.1 KB · Views: 27
  • E90EC6D4-DDB4-4586-84CD-9DA3066664FB.jpeg
    E90EC6D4-DDB4-4586-84CD-9DA3066664FB.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 27

Dom2door

Reaction score
Up date, Y-pipe for a 2005 Silverado installed.
Fuel line attached to intake, the orange is insulation.
Need to fill the gap from the y-pipe to the muffler.
Waiting for my wire harness to get done, tried doing it my self but ended up with extra wires and lack of wires when combining two together, one from the junkyard and one that came with the engine.

Last edited:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually… it’s Probably way easier to pull the body off to pull an engine. On these trucks anyways.

It certainly makes the rest of it easier, but I think it's more of a 6/half-dozen situation.

We took the front end off on ours and looking back on it I probably wouldn't go that route again.

Dom2door

Reaction score
We took the front end off on ours and looking back on it I probably wouldn't go that route again.
The key word is ”WE”, I have no help, just me , the hoist, and lift.
I am too an*l or just an ass, if something is bad I can only blame myself.
I would rather have things done right then fast.
Having help would rush things like, can you help me install an engine, and if I am missing the right motor mount , I just wasted that persons time or feel obligated to get it done.

Last edited: