body lift with a 6.2 diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only thing that may cause issues with a 6.2 is the filler neck extension size. I've never been able to confirm if this is true or not. The kit's say they don't work with diesels because the turbo interferes with the inner fender with a turbo 6.5l, not an issue with a 6.2.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The only thing that may cause issues with a 6.2 is the filler neck extension size. I've never been able to confirm if this is true or not. The kit's say they don't work with diesels because the turbo interferes with the inner fender with a turbo 6.5l, not an issue with a 6.2.

How is the filler neck effected? The radiator is lifted with the body.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Doesn't sound like anything a BFH can't fix.

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the filler neck effected? The radiator is lifted with the body.

Fuel filler neck, not coolant lol.

Doesn't sound like anything a BFH can't fix.

It's pretty easy to make it work, IIIRC there's some coolant lines that need to be moved as well on the turbo trucks due to their routing on the inner fender. Nothing that would stop someone who really wants a body lift on their truck though.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Fuel filler neck, not coolant lol.

Oh, I suppose that makes more sense. I had my mind on cooling since I've heard that the diesels tend to have an issue with it.

How would the fuel filler be any different that a gas truck? Either fuel, it's still going to need to be extended. It should be as simple as buying a section of hose from Rockauto in the correct diameter. I guess I'm not seeing the problem.... I don't own a diesel.

I suppose the vent tube would need to be replaced too.

Last edited:

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh, I suppose that makes more sense. I had my mind on cooling since I've heard that the diesels tend to have an issue with it.

How would the fuel filler be any different that a gas truck? Either fuel, it's still going to need to be extended. It should be as simple as buying a section of hose from Rockauto in the correct diameter. I guess I'm not seeing the problem.... I don't own a diesel.

I suppose the vent tube would need to be replaced too.

Like I said, I've never confirmed it, but a few people have said the diesel trucks have a larger filler neck and the extension included in the kit doesn't fit. Like you said though, it's an easy fix.

The diesels do have cooling issues, and the body lift with the shroud relocation usually doesn't help very much.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Like I said, I've never confirmed it, but a few people have said the diesel trucks have a larger filler neck and the extension included in the kit doesn't fit. Like you said though, it's an easy fix.

Oh, they actually come with an extension? I thought body lifts were normally just tall body mounts and you were on your own for the rest of the details.