body lift and budget e-fan conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be doing a 3 inch body lift soon on my 2000 Denali, after going through the forums, it seems some people have cooling issues with the regular fan because the radiator is raised with the body and the fan isn't.

I assume the best solution is an e fan conversion. id prefer to source as much as possible from the local pick and pull. What are the best fans to pull, and what other parts do I need, and also how should I mount the fans.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its not the fan being farther away from the radiator, it's the lower fan shroud that has to be removed or relocated. I had a 99 Tahoe with a 3" b/l, no lower shroud. Normal driving it was fine, but trying to go slow wheeling the temp would slowly creep up. Would cool down soon as got some speed up on the road. There is a right up on MarkVIII fans in one of the other sections. But any decent size fan will work. There are many ways to mount it, but quick an easy are push pin type thingy's for a universal tranny cooler. Should be able to get them at any parts store.

BlkBty

Reaction score
Will be doing a 3 inch body lift soon on my 2000 Denali, after going through the forums, it seems some people have cooling issues with the regular fan because the radiator is raised with the body and the fan isn't.

I assume the best solution is an e fan conversion. id prefer to source as much as possible from the local pick and pull. What are the best fans to pull, and what other parts do I need, and also how should I mount the fans.

How did the Body Lift turn out? About to put a 3" on mine with a 6" Pro-Comp in the fall.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are fans from a 05-07 gmt800 a good fit ? I never tried them myself but always thought of them.

I was just asking the same question, was told you could grab the whole radiator and fan assembly and drop it right , but as long as the fan assembly fits it's just a matter of mounting it. I just bought a pair of 16 e-fans ( like literally ordered them 5 minutes ago ) supposed to be 3000cfm each, one should be enuff but never hurts to have more.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Amazon ? I just ordered the same.

The rad is not the same. No filler neck. Same size by what I can see but the cap is not on the rad it's on a canister to the side.