BNielsen's 2000 Chevy K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Since i finally got the PYOs on my suburban the Eagle Alloys are getting listed for sale. Two need quite a bit of cleaning up and two are 10 footers since I put a little effort into them. 16x8s if you're interested in them we can work something out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Since i finally got the PYOs on my suburban the Eagle Alloys are getting listed for sale. Two need quite a bit of cleaning up and two are 10 footers since I put a little effort into them. 16x8s if you're interested in them we can work something out.

Those look cool

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Those look cool
If they tucked in the wheel well better and didn't throw stuff up my arm and in the window on my road, I'd like them better. Plus I'm not one to maintain wheels, or even wash a vehicle often.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I appreciate the heads up! I'll have to pass for now since I decided to run the PY0s for now since they're in great shape, but I can ask around my friend group to see if someone is interested?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to give you first option since we kicked around swapping previously. If you want to mention them to folks you know I'm fine with it. I've still got the coopers in my shed that came on them as well.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck's still down, took it to my friend's shop because the carrier bearing failed violently and I wasn't going to make it home so I limped it to his shop. It's been on the back burner up there but hopefully I'll be picking it up sometime this week.
This wouldn't be so bad if I had a garage or at least a level concrete pad to work on.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got it back Monday, been driving it every day. So far so good, still a couple things that need addressed, it's got a really noticable shimmy that I think may be from the tires. I'm going this weekend to get them balanced but I fear they're probably no good anymore considering how long the truck sat.
It doesn't get warm, the temp gauge will move up a little but the needle stays at or around 160 for the most part, so I'm guessing maybe one or both thermostats are stuck; the low coolant light is on as well but at this point I'm convinced they came from the factory with that light on.
It needs shocks really bad too. I've got two Rancho RS5000s for the rear but I still need to scare up two for the front.
Other than that and the rough cosmetics it's running great! I'm fixing to place an order from Amsoil in the next week or two, both trucks are in need of a fluid change front to back so I'm going to try and make that happen.

Attachments

• PXL_20230419_210044767.jpg
    PXL_20230419_210044767.jpg
    653 KB · Views: 12

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice when you get machines back on the road and they function, more or less.
That truck actually looks pretty good for what it is and what you got it for.
But that pic points out and reminds me as well how bad these rigs need rear spacers.
It's so bad. The red truck has aftermarket wheels so it's not as awful as the factory rims; both trucks are getting steel 1.75 spacers once the fun money starts rolling in