BluePrint Engines 383 Vortec for 1996 - 2000 & 350 TBI crate engine upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have one?

What do you think of the specs, hp and tq for the price?

BP rates the hp and tq at the wheels so times that by 20% for 4WD drivetrain loss to get crank hp and tq?

BluePrint Engines 383CI Stroker 1996-2000 GM Vortec Truck/SUV Crate Engine | No ECU Tuning Required | Longblock | Aluminum Heads | Roller Cam

BluePrint Engines 350CI TBI Truck 1987-1995 Crate Engine | No ECU Tuning Required | Small Block GM Style | Longblock for Factory EFI | Iron Heads | Roller Cam

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for use in pollution-controlled vehicles.
What vehicles sold in America since 1988 are NOT "pollution-controlled"?

Overpriced, probably over-rated for power/torque. It's doubtful that they're using the current SAE calibrations/protocol for setting-up the dyno.

WHO pays for the various warranty issues? Do they pay the full shop rate per hour, or some discounted rate? Does the engine have to be installed by a professional to get warranty coverage? Who pays to ship the defective engine back to them? Do they pay for the oil and coolant lost when the engine is changed under warranty? READ THE WARRANTY TERMS VERY CAREFULLY.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought a BluePrint engine, but I've never heard anything but good about them. When they've tested them on Engine Masters, they put out what they claim.
It's not like Engine Masters uses the proper, full SAE protocol when testing engines.

OEM dynos aren't as "happy" as aftermarket dyno testing services. The SAE protocol is restrictive in that it doesn't allow unrealistic conditions that won't be encountered when the engine is installed in the vehicle.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's a weird looking dyno, like they were rolling into the throttle. They should start it down around 1500-2000. The real weird thing is the fact that it has a C.A.R.B. E.O. # but is still only 49 state legal?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone have one?

What do you think of the specs, hp and tq for the price?

BP rates the hp and tq at the wheels so times that by 20% for 4WD drivetrain loss to get crank hp and tq?

BluePrint Engines 383CI Stroker 1996-2000 GM Vortec Truck/SUV Crate Engine | No ECU Tuning Required | Longblock | Aluminum Heads | Roller Cam

BluePrint Engines 350CI TBI Truck 1987-1995 Crate Engine | No ECU Tuning Required | Small Block GM Style | Longblock for Factory EFI | Iron Heads | Roller Cam

I know this is an older post but it popped up attached to one I was just looking at. Seems Blueprints 355 TBI is a carbon copy of what I have been doing for over 17 years in the TBIs I have had. Factory OBD2 F/Y car LT1 cam. Almost seems like they copied the build I had in my old G20 van in about 2005 and selling a stock TBI with a LT1 cam for alot of money. Just goes to show how well a LT1 cam runs in a TBI 350. With ported heads, tri-y headers, decent exhaust system and a 2" bore TBI on a bored 3704 manifold with tuning it made a good bit more power.