Blue Driver Scanner. What Do You Think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have an older scan tool that does the basics ok. Identified the EGR on my K3500. Does not read the ABS info though.
I'd like to get one that is more complete but can run on a tablet or laptop for better visuals. It looks cooler also!

Reading up on this tool. Seems to get some good reviews and doesn't break the bank.
Mainly for my 1997 Tahoe and K3500 but could be used on other vehicles.
What do you guys think?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went to where my son works to get an alignment. I looked over at his tool box and one of the drawers was open with his Snappy scanner and all the adapters. Unfortunately support for these are expiring in a week. Nobody could justify buying this and paying Monthly support unless they were using it multiple times a day, but now, Snappy is pushing him to buy the next latest and greatest platform. I'm thinking, in a couple weeks, there may be a bunch hitting fleabay or other sites. You may want to hang on a while, just saying :33:

You must be registered for see images attach

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score

At first glance, it doesn't seem to do "ABS" for a 1997 Tahoe. Assuming that is the right product.

Says it will do ABS for a 2003 Tahoe though.

Not that I know much about scan tools, just going off of what their website says.

Last edited:

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
It might honestly just be because it's a 97! 98 is probably fully compatible.

I can read things in my 98 Sierra that I cant in my 97 Burb.

I think this is probably also why the 411 ecm upgrade is so popular. I'm guna have to friggen do that one day to the Burb just so I can cycle the ABS!

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
It might honestly just be because it's a 97! 98 is probably fully compatible.

I can read things in my 98 Sierra that I cant in my 97 Burb.

I think this is probably also why the 411 ecm upgrade is so popular. I'm guna have to friggen do that one day to the Burb just so I can cycle the ABS!

Sure enough, it does show ABS for a 1998.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

At first glance, it doesn't seem to do "ABS" for a 1997 Tahoe. Assuming that is the right product.

Says it will do ABS for a 2003 Tahoe though.

Not that I know much about scan tools, just going off of what their website says.
Yea, my current scanner says something like it can't communicate with the ABS or the ABS isn't reporting.
Both Tahoe and K3500 are the same like that so maybe it is the vehicle.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think this is the one I am going to go with. I like the Windows support along with Android and iOS.

OBDLink MX+ Professional OBD2 Scanner for iPhone, iPad, Android & Windows​

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bluedriver, OBDLink etc are all just Bluetooth ELM327 OBD2 adapters. To the best of my knowledge none of those will read ABS info, and I don't believe any of them are bi-directional other than the ability to clear codes. If you want full ABS capabilites for a '97 your best bet is probably either an older Snap On as mentioned, or one of the $300 Tech2 clones.