Blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97chevyguy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever put a blower motor from a 99-06 Chevy truck into a 97 the blower motor in my 97 has never seemed to blow all that hard and doesn't really cool you as your driving was wondering if this is possible or will I need a resistor or anything else

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you sure your air inlet for the HVAC system isn't clogged up with a bunch of leaves or something under the cowl? The blower motors in both of my '97s move plenty of air.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Sounds like the evaporator is plugged up with leaves and pine needles. Pull the blower, and heater core, and hose it out... put a tarp or something on the floor you don't soak the carpet. Also make sure the AC drain is unplugged/working.

You could also use coil cleaner in there, but I'd start with pressurized water and then maybe an acid wheel cleaner if you've got it, instead of buying a separate product.

97chevyguy

Reaction score
I have cleaned the evaporator everything drains like it should and it's not The first truck that I've had like this I had a 95 and a 98 both blew about the same it will cool decent on anything about 80 degrees and less it's just on really hot days it doesn't cool all that well new compressor and did a flush while I had it off but still just doesn't move much air like the newer models do