Blower motor selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That area in front of the windshield is a "High Pressure" and engineering takes advantage of it during "Fresh Air or Blend A/C mode". It does push leafs down where the sun don't shine. With the wiper arms removed, screws out, you can remove the plastic screen and have your air handy as well.
I went to my local home improvement store and put (Pet / Dog) heavy type screen door screen on the backside. It can be held in place with hot glue and be removed later if you don't like it. Just pre-cut and start on one end to keep tight. Clean the hot glue area with carb or acetone and a rag. I did this on my 1967 C10 and works great. Pine needles still have to be picked out, but still catches them.
Also, with the bottom 3 or 4 screws removed from the front plastic wheel house inner cover, pull it back and use your compressed air to remove all of the potting soil out from behind the fender. This area is seen a rust on everyones neighborhoods vehicles, if they have trees and age.

Did you eve get the feeling that you are the only guy in your neighborhood doing this maintenance. They don't do that type of work at the shops...unless you asked them to do it, if you want to pay.

ryeguy2006a

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OP, Not sure if you are interested, but I bought one from a pick and pull and it wasn't the right one for my truck. Come to find out the 2000 trucks like mine use a dual pin terminal, so I can't use mine. It worked when I pulled it. I think it was an OEM original.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been using Four Season's motors. I may have burned out my 2nd one (I run them a lot). I noticed it wasn't working tonight. I've done zero troubleshooting since it's dark and cold right now.

I've been told the VDO is junk, and the Delphi comes from China now.

The Four Seasons is from Canada, if I recall correctly.

Has anyone used the TYC? It's Tiawanese, and they are an OEM, they're not just aftermarket.

Just like all of them the AC/Delco fan comes from Coronavirusland, but generally what counts is how the item is spec'd and level of quality control. I have had better luck, stronger blowing, and quieter fans from AC/Delco.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I actually need to pull my blower again. It's full of leaves again because I still haven't reinstalled the cowl cover. I'm not driving it now any way.