Blower motor help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillB

Reaction score
This weekend I pulled the dash to swap my air defuser thing behind the dash. While I had it out I swapped the dash itself due to it being cracked and in bad shape. When I had the wiring harness out, I found a white wire and a purple wire that were both wrapped in what looked like duct tape. There was 3 purple wires that were connected to a single purple wire. Same with the white wire. I took them and stripped them back and used hear shrink connectors and put the harness back in. Would these purple wires have something to do with the purple wire going to the blower motor?

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope.
Duct taped connectors are factory and not needed in your vehicle.
GM basically makes a complete under-dash harness, and only connects the components equipped.
Such as: its wired for A/C but it's a non-A/C truck
Or its wired for electric climate control, or power locks/windows, but it was ordered with manual components.
Stuff like that.

Just ignore them.

WillB

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where I should look to get my blower motor working? It was working fine before the dash removal