Blinkers dont work when warm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Restoguy

Reaction score
I searched a little and couldnt find anyone with a problem quite like mine. Frankly Im just being lazy and asking for help instead of doing good mechaninc work and troubleshooting from the bottom up! But here goes:

My blinkers dont work when its warm. On a cool day they will work for a while until the vehicle warms up. On a hot day they might only blink twice and thats it. If I reach up and tap the flasher cube with my toe, they will blink once or twice each time I tap it. I have replaced the flasher cube and the multi switch with no change. Grounds are all tight and clean. I had some junk LED tail lights and thought they were the problem so I swapped back to the OEM ones but that didnt fix it. Before this issue I was blowing the fuse occasionally but a new fuse and it worked until the fuse blew again. Thats when I started blaming the chinese tail lights.

Also, my wipers started acting funny about the same time. Ive replaced the control board previously but they usually only work on high now. Could be related but maybe not.

Anybody run into this before? Its a 1997 K1500 if thats not in my sig yet.