Blinkers don't work, but all other lights, electrical and Hazards do

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motolynx

Reaction score
My turn signals (all 4) won't work, the bulbs work/blink fine with the Hazard button pressed. In testing Fuse #16 (turn signals only) blew after being driven for a bit, the next time right away, so I am leaning towards a pinch or rub issue inside the steering column. Everything BUT the turn signals works fine. The only thing to note is the battery amperage gauge jumps WITH the signals when they flash. It did this when I bought it. Anyone know if that's normal for this rig? I would assume not... but? Grounds maybe and not related to my current issue?

I replaced the cheapo battery (it was just time) & all of the A/C components last fall and at that time (prior to this issue) I checked all the wiring in general for anything unusual, (It's old and I bought it last summer...so) plus did a visual only of the grounds. I know...I need to clean them anyway!

After this happened, all the accessible wires are in good visual condition and I don't find anything unusual when testing circuits. I know that at some point the Hazards and Turn signals share the circuits, so I am assuming the issue is a dead short prior to that. Last summer I put in a brand new Trailer harness & brake controller so I double checked all of the related connections and it looks good.

Anyone have any suggestions besides removing the steering wheel and replacing the multi-function switch? Looking at the Wiring Diagram, it appears possibly the pink wire is the one that might be pinched/shorted, as it goes between the switch & fuse. I feel like that's the only one that would only affect the fuse and the signals? I'm not sure if I can get at that wire without removing the steering wheel as it's part of the big bundle that's behind everything and goes right up into the column :(

I'm hoping one of you can tell me other things to check that I've missed first I guess. I really need to get this fixed, hand signals suck in the cold rain.

Blinker Diagram attached just for fun!

Attachments

• Tahoe Blinker Diagram.pdf
    427.2 KB · Views: 5