Blinker issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigs209

Reaction score
Hey y'all I'm I a bit of a situation I got a 95 chevy c1500 I redone the dash and interior it's all in now my blinkers don't work UNLESS I engage my hazard button then that's the only time they work but my hazards won't work period. I threw a part bomb at it and replaced the hazard/blinker relay, break switch, 2 new blinker switches, bulbs, light switch I checked all fuses 100 times . Is there another relay driver side firewall left side I think it's called the convenience center please help I want to drive my baby. Thanks in advance everyone god bless

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Did you check the fluid level?

JK, if I remember, there is a flasher for the hazards and a separate one for the blinkers. They are under the dash by the parking brake pedal.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check the fluid level?

JK, if I remember, there is a flasher for the hazards and a separate one for the blinkers. They are under the dash by the parking brake pedal.
Yup, low on fluid. LOL

I thinking more along the lines of a chafed wire in the column or bad combination switch.

I'm not an electrical guru but there are some sharp guys here, and maybe someone else will chime in.

Last edited:

Bigs209

Reaction score
Blinker fluid is full so it can't be that....There is no other relays or fuses near the parking brake that's plugged in . i no theres that door buzzer relay that goes there which its not plugged in either maybe this is the issue thanks y'all

Last edited:

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 and up used a multi function lever assy. It contains the turn signal, wiper, high beam, and hazard flashers.
I'm surprised you didn't put that in the parts cannon first.

Or is that what you're calling a "blinker switch"?

Bigs209

Reaction score
95 and up used a multi function lever assy. It contains the turn signal, wiper, high beam, and hazard flashers.
I'm surprised you didn't put that in the parts cannon first.

Or is that what you're calling a "blinker switch"?
That was the first part I replaced. But I found out the problem theres a second relay for the flashers or blinker located in the convenient center im sure this is what Richlo was referring to. I circled it in the photo all the auto parts store only came up with one relay the one located under the center of the dash .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210803-223543_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20210803-223543_Photos.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited: