Blend door actuator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wine Hill

Reaction score
Before installing new actuators, do the vents themselves need to be in any special position. 1998 k1500

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The actuators usually come centered (the notch in the silver dial is aligned with the center mark on the plastic) and I’ve never had any issue swapping them out. The damper shafts are keyed (or D-shaped) so it will only go on one way. Just manually rotate the damper to align with the actuator. Don’t try to turn the actuator to align.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to center the panel dial (temperature or mode) before starting the truck. That’s the 12 o’clock position on the dial.

Wine Hill

Reaction score
Tha
The actuators usually come centered (the notch in the silver dial is aligned with the center mark on the plastic) and I’ve never had any issue swapping them out. The damper shafts are keyed (or D-shaped) so it will only go on one way. Just manually rotate the damper to align with the actuator. Don’t try to turn the actuator to align.

I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to center the panel dial (temperature or mode) before starting the truck. That’s the 12 o’clock position on the dial.
Thank you for the response. Will make a note of that for sure