Blazer/ 2 door Yukon panels in C/K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suburbans (and probably the Blazer/Jimmy) had the black plastic folding mirrors since they switched to the GMT400 platform in 1992. The pickups got 'em beginning in 1994, but not all of them, of course. You could still get dumbos on lower trim levels all the way to the end, or near it.

Reverse-history gives me the feeling that those black plastic folding mirrors started out as strictly power mirrors for the SUV's in 1992, and then in 1994 we started seeing the non-power in the same style for the pickups.

Official 1992 GMC Suburban brochure pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
Is it possible in 92 a crew cab would get those mirrors too and not just the suvs because i have a 92 with power mirrors

And it doesnt look to been swapped unless someone did a real professional job. But usual doesnt happen around here

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is it possible in 92 a crew cab would get those mirrors too and not just the suvs because i have a 92 with power mirrors

And it doesnt look to been swapped unless someone did a real professional job. But usual doesnt happen around here
Possible either way.. the 88-94 trucks were far more "modular" in terms of accessories, than the 95-up. Instead of everything being integrated in the major harness sections, stuff just plugged into the electrical convenience center for the most part.

The crew could have been ordered that way.. one would have to check year-specific sales brochures to be sure, but I'd say it was likely an available option. The parts existed, for sure, so the option to order probably existed, too.

Richard

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I miss my old crew cab, now i have only single cabs. I never had a early crew cab but I think that my friend had a 94 crew cab with power mirrors, Dropped88. My crew cab never failed to haul anything i wanted hauled

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say a "bridge between" because of the look of the window switches, someotherguy

I have a chance at getting a set of these panels and would like to have them, maybe while im at it do the Topkick handle swap :think:

If you have a source for the parts needed to do the topkick handles please share, I thought they'd all dried up already.

Are there any other parts from blazers/suburbans that would fit on a C/K? Ive seen seats in suburbans with dual arm rests on the buckets, but now that I have Escalade seats in my truck, I dont really want those.

Most everything. It's the same except one has a bed, one has a SUV body. I'd safely say everything from the doors forward.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
If you have a source for the parts needed to do the topkick handles please share, I thought they'd all dried up already.
I can buy replacement handles on eBay, and the other stuff, IF I absolutely cant find anything I will fabricate it. For now, since I dont use the passenger side, neither does my wife, I can leave it busted.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
Still haven’t got these in. In fact I sold the switches and all the hardware for it. I lost interest in doing a lot of the stuff I wanted to do in this truck, I still want to bore it to 355 and make it a speedy hunting truck, but some of the small things I just haven’t done.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Agreed, but didn't all the 400's have dumbo's until the exterior refresh?
Well, 94-96 were all crossover years in one form or another.
Pickups got new mirrors and grill in '94
New interior in '95
OBD2 in '96

As for mirrors, SUV's actually had plastic folding mirrors starting on the squarebody '91.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, 94-96 were all crossover years in one form or another.
Pickups got new mirrors and grill in '94
New interior in '95
OBD2 in '96

As for mirrors, SUV's actually had plastic folding mirrors starting on the squarebody '91.
See below.
And the squarebody plastic mirrors were different.
Suburbans (and probably the Blazer/Jimmy) had the black plastic folding mirrors since they switched to the GMT400 platform in 1992. The pickups got 'em beginning in 1994, but not all of them, of course. You could still get dumbos on lower trim levels all the way to the end, or near it.

Reverse-history gives me the feeling that those black plastic folding mirrors started out as strictly power mirrors for the SUV's in 1992, and then in 1994 we started seeing the non-power in the same style for the pickups.

Official 1992 GMC Suburban brochure pic
You must be registered for see images attach

Richard