Blackbear has made some changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 major ones that I have experienced:

1. They moved so be sure to get their new address before sending your ecm in for anything.

2. They have started charging ($40-150) for updates.

They have done good things for me in the past so I am not upset with them, but I paid for tuning with free upgrades. I for sure would have bought hp tuners instead if I had been able to see the future.

FYI

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i mean with todays tech im amazed people are still using the black boxes. considering how easy the 0411 swap is and how you can vin swap off ls droid and such and all the free tuning software im amazed they kept doing black box ecms

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 major ones that I have experienced:

1. They moved so be sure to get their new address before sending your ecm in for anything.

2. They have started charging ($40-150) for updates.

They have done good things for me in the past so I am not upset with them, but I paid for tuning with free upgrades. I for sure would have bought hp tuners instead if I had been able to see the future.

FYI
So we’re no grandfathered in?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

They might work with you. I have sent mine back several times so they might be sick of me. Some of the times that I sent mine in were their own fault - they wouldn't tell me that I was asking for things that they can't achieve, so they'd make a change and send it back, maybe hoping I'd just be happy with it.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
That would certainly suck if you guys were not. Any company compromising its integrity in the pursuit of greed will eventually pay the price. When you signed on with them, I consider that a 'handshake' deal. I do hope they do the right thing.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would certainly suck if you guys were not. Any company compromising its integrity in the pursuit of greed will eventually pay the price. When you signed on with them, I consider that a 'handshake' deal. I do hope they do the right thing.
Yeah, they’ll be BlackListed! :Wedgie:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Despite my issues I've had with 0411 I don't regret it one bit. If I ever get another Vortec truck I plan on keeping for a while I'll definitely swap, I've been playing around a little with my HPTuners and I love it.