Black Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope, and most people's attempts at changing them to black go miserably bad. Not saying it can't be done and done right, just that most people won't invest the effort.

Richard

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
it wasn't available.. I know the 88-94 had a black dash and stuff, its only the middle of the dash that was grey, that's how mine is anyway. But with the right dye and a good amount of prep... it could be done. Im making mine black. Just make sure you do it right the first time... if it messes up, you'll be looking at a hell of a lot more work...

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just the first couple years 88-89 had black dash bezel, and switches/controls. 90-94 had gray. The dash shell itself was never black from the factory; always interior color. Some of the early years, as well as 3500HD's and medium duty (Topkick/Kodiak) had strange colors compared to other models, like a very dark gray and a really weird blue-gray, but never black.

Richard

Radio517

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it wasn't available.. I know the 88-94 had a black dash and stuff, its only the middle of the dash that was grey, that's how mine is anyway. But with the right dye and a good amount of prep... it could be done. Im making mine black. Just make sure you do it right the first time... if it messes up, you'll be looking at a hell of a lot more work...
Do you have a thread or anything on your process of making it black?