Big problems!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jeez, never in 30 years of doing collision work have I ever seen one break like that even when the wheel was the point of impact.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen faulty castings and forgings (better grain structure) on our hydraulic extrusion presses. Most of them were sand cast steel or iron, we would weld repair them then order a new forged cylinder, the last one we did was a 48" diameter 3,000T bottle. You'll see inclusions in the metal, sometimes you may see signs of rust in there too. Look closer at your spindle, from what I see in your picture, it looks like some of it is more grainy than other areas but, it's hard to tell from that pic.

wheelman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be curious to see what failed. Take off the wheel and post a picture of your setup. I will check my BellTech spindles and see if there are any markings.

You lowered the truck. Took the ride out of it. It beat its self up. Usually that crap happens when you are going 60 miles an hour. Other side is bad too. You got to pay to play.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You lowered the truck. Took the ride out of it. It beat its self up. Usually that crap happens when you are going 60 miles an hour. Other side is bad too. You got to pay to play.
Nice trolling. You're in the lowered truck section, friend.

When you buy a used vehicle that someone else has worked on, the quality of any parts and labor can be suspect.

Richard

Reaction score
I’m thinking it was a bad casting that’s all. To the guy that posted above, I’ve driven on lowering spindles and lowered trucks for years with never a problem! I daily hundreds of miles a week on them. This is a freak thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phantom 309

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow,.. i,ve run a couple of sets of lowering spindles in the last 20 yrs,. As was mentioned amazing that this broke!

Tiny Trucker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know they aren't the Belltechs with the logos, as the logos are on the reverse side which you posted a pic of. I am not sure where the ones with the model numbers are cast, but I highly doubt yours are Belltechs.