Big brake kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squirrelsmith

Reaction score
What can we do to put some big rotors and calipers on the front? I have 20" rims so i have plenty of room. Any experiences?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
*Edit* Wilwood does not make a specific kit for these trucks.
Wilwood sends the parts & pieces to 'Little Shop', which then modifies all that to fit 400's. Not directly available from Wilwood. Have to go through Little Shop, which is not a bad thing. They offer great kits at a decent price.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
You can also swap GMT800 calipers, hubs, spindles and rotors for a much cheaper solution. There is a sticky thread here on this.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
*Edit* Wilwood does not make a specific kit for these trucks.
Wilwood sends the parts & pieces to 'Little Shop', which then modifies all that to fit 400's. Not directly available from Wilwood. Have to go through Little Shop, which is not a bad thing. They offer great kits at a decent price.

You're talking about the rear, Though, aren't you?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Little Shop does the required mods to the Willwood front kit so as to work on these trucks.
IIRC, there has to be some machining done on the spindles for rotor clearance.
Same as what the SSBC big brake front kit requires. SSBC sells their front kit with the spindles, with a choice of either modified DJM or Bell Tech.
SSBC is also the only aftermarket brake company that actually makes a rear disc kit of their own design, with the full R-n-D time put in.
Most aftermarket rear disc kits for these trucks are made out of various re-purposed off-the-shelf GM parts. Toronado parts, Vega parts, etc. What these companies are really doing with such kits is to merely manufacture the bracket for the caliper.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Little Shop does the required mods to the Willwood front kit so as to work on these trucks.
IIRC, there has to be some machining done on the spindles for rotor clearance.

I see. I assumed Little Shop was just another company doing the bracket thing.