Big 3 and Dual Battery Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couple questions.

what gauge wire fits in the top of the fan shroud? I have 90% of the Big 3 wires already from a previous car project that I will use but Id like to upgrade that acc fuse block wire as well. Im stuck at work and would like to order a length of wire from Amazon this afternoon

Also, pros and cons to side terminal post extenders???? There are so many out there but I think most are junk. Im running an Optima Red Top and use both side and top mounts. I currently have a pair of Stinger top mount clamps that work well

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run 4awg and it fits in the channel quite nicely bare, and snug with the stock loom reused.

After trying a few different kinds, the best I found imo are these
http://a.co/avW55K4
Just make sure you thread the right side into the battery as I think the threads are different and will strip battery.

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can. I’ll send you a message and we can get the shipping and your kit figured out.

Edit: @Darin1047 I started a conversation, check your inbox

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why do you go from frame to firewall when you already go from battery to frame? This is more like the Big 6 or something. My Big 3 jobs have always been BAT+ to alternator, BAT- to frame and frame to block. Why all the need for the other wires

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At first I was contemplating the same thing, but if I labeled them big 6 upgrade kits, anyone searching for a “big 3 upgrade” would have to go a bit deeper in the search results. I’m already regretting not including “ground” in my title.

I’m just a guy that has stepped into a void left by the last member who was selling these kits who went dark. I used what he was offering as my guide, and since I take great pride in my work, added my own little details to make my kits better.

I’m offering cables for every ground strap that comes stock on these trucks in the engine bay and with grounding, I don’t see redundancy being a problem. I’m more than happy to just offer a traditional “big 3 upgrade” or special order cables, should anyone be interested.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dumb question, what's the purpose of the fuse between the battery and the alternator?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk