better blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I suspect I have doors that aren't fully sealing in my hvac box making the air flow weaker than ut should be. I notice in particular the air is a bit warm on full cold (no working ac).

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean evap core. Mine blows fairly well for it's age and fog the glass from the ac

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to add a cabin filter to protect the evap core? Seems like there would be some way to add that and make it changeable. I am about to attack cleaning mine along with a blower motor change. Mine squeaks when it is cold and it has already blown the resistor once.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I believe there are guys that have put window screen over the air intake. Other than that you'd be talking major fabrication, I would think.

I wonder how easily a GMT-800 hvac box would in.... I have no idea if that's even practical.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe there are guys that have put window screen over the air intake. Other than that you'd be talking major fabrication, I would think.

I wonder how easily a GMT-800 hvac box would in.... I have no idea if that's even practical.
WIndow screen or something similar seems fairly simple to keep the leaves out atleast, though I would like to get a proper replaceable paper media filter in there somehow. Problem is that it would get wet I'd imagine.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wonder if there is a voltage drop @ the blower motor. Could be an issue for some people. Mine blows pretty good @ high + recirc. Dirty contacts and undersized wire + corrosion are issues on these trucks everywhere.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wonder if there is a voltage drop @ the blower motor. Could be an issue for some people. Mine blows pretty good @ high + recirc. Dirty contacts and undersized wire + corrosion are issues on these trucks everywhere.

When I replace my blower motor I plan to check over all the wiring and connections. I will also see what it takes to add a filter, but if it were easy someone would likely have figured out a standard add on for it.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replace my blower motor I plan to check over all the wiring and connections. I will also see what it takes to add a filter, but if it were easy someone would likely have figured out a standard add on for it.
Interesting info about upgrading a squarebody here. Maybe this motor is stronger than other gmt400s?

https://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/upgrading-your-blower-motor.20764/

Dug further into it. Doesnt seem like its different than any other gmt400 fans.

Last edited: