better blower motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I just did some searching. Nothing is going to be PnP.

I saw a guy that cut up the housing on his chevelle to fit a much newer and bigger caprice blower motor with a new fiberglass housing.

I also read that taking some turns off the armature of the motor will increase the RPM....interesting.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I pulled my blower motor to replace it a while back and found that the evap was plugged up. I cleaned it all out with a strong water hose, used coil cleaner a few times on it and rinsed it well. Now I get much better airflow. Because there is no cabin air filter on these trucks this will happen from time to time so it must be cleaned.

edit: This also got rid of the musty smell when you first turn on the A/C in the morning.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
First clean your evaporator core, if the system has leaked at one time, there may be a coating of oil on it, and this attracts and holds dust. As mentioned these trucks don't have a cabin air filter to keep out dust and small debris from trees, etc.

Next, check the voltage at the blower motor connection, it should be very close to what the battery voltage is when the switch is on the highest position.

Mine blows hard enough on high that the rear side glass window seal is leaking air in the cold weather. It won't do that on the lower speeds, but on high it does.