Best wiper blades for 1992 Chevy 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I bought the Michelin silicone blades from Walmart to go on my Suburban and they are just average, though much cheaper. They don’t wipe as well and won’t last as long.
I had the same results with the Michelin silicone blade, after 1 winter season the blades started chattering real bad. Come to find out the black coating on the blade where it meets the windshield had rubbed off and exposed the bare silicone. :eek:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Around here, NAPA and O'Reillys don't even stock "refills" any more. They do offer to have the poor counterman come outside to replace the entire blade(s) for you, though. I imagine they can't stand the thought of having to waste even more of his time installing wiper refills.

The refills can be ordered, but they come in one length, you have to break them at the scored sections to fit your wiper blade frames.

Lo, how the mighty have fallen. Shiity rubber, no refills, made in Communist China.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I absolutely hate trying to buy wiper refills. They used to be $2, but nobody stocks the refills any more. Instead they try to sell you a whole chintzy plastic wiper arm for $40. Last time I grabbed the single blade I wanted and the counterman tried to shame me into buying two $40 arms because "replacing only one isn't safe".

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I absolutely hate trying to buy wiper refills. They used to be $2, but nobody stocks the refills any more. Instead they try to sell you a whole chintzy plastic wiper arm for $40. Last time I grabbed the single blade I wanted and the counterman tried to shame me into buying two $40 arms because "replacing only one isn't safe".

Plastic??? The inexpensive Denso wipers I've purchased have been steel. I guess mono beams are plastic, but outside of those I haven't had plastic wipers since the dual blades I bought at Big Lots in the 90s.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to read this thread from the beginning when I start wiper blade shopping. The next blades I get may be snow blades.... maybe I'll start that thread myself. Part of me is looking forward to winter, now.... part of me thinks that's stupid. Why would I look forward to 6 years of grey cold wet darkness???