Best wiper blades for 1992 Chevy 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok where do I post it ?
He has a point.

I'd have laid-out this site considerably differently; there's topics that aren't really covered by the existing headings; and a fair amount of duplication.

I agree that this goes in Paint / Body / Detailing more than it goes in Engine...but there really isn't a good place for this thread.

Which is why I didn't call him on it in my first reply.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I've tried all different kinds of blades, most of them do OK, but aren't great by any means. I currently run Trico Ice beam blades on my 96 and they wipe just fine. I've had the cheapo metal blades (Rain-X, Walmart, etc.) and all have worked fine.

However, one that I would stay away from are the Michelin Stealths, snow gets packed in the plastic covering and their wiping quality is meh. Michelin also has their silicone blade line too... stay away from those. Rain-X's silicone blades are good though, better than the Michelin's.

It all depends on what your budget is... Obviously the conventional blades are gonna be the cheapest and the beam style is going to be more expensive. Conventional blades might not be the prettiest, but get the job done and have been used for decades. Beam blades are better for winter climates over conventional's due to the frameless design, but don't necessarily last longer. Silicone blades last significantly longer than common rubber blades, but cost significantly more.

countryboy17

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He has a point.

I'd have laid-out this site considerably differently; there's topics that aren't really covered by the existing headings; and a fair amount of duplication.

I agree that this goes in Paint / Body / Detailing more than it goes in Engine...but there really isn't a good place for this thread.

Which is why I didn't call him on it in my first reply.
Lol

JohnDenver

Reaction score
To the question, I’m not sure how much different the arm attachment is for earlier trucks, but I was extremely happy with the RainX silicone beam blades on my 98. They wiped great and lasted for I think pushing 3 years and that’s when I sold the truck—the wipers were still good. And that time is all baking in the Colorado sun. I bought the Michelin silicone blades from Walmart to go on my Suburban and they are just average, though much cheaper. They don’t wipe as well and won’t last as long. I’d try to get the RainX on sale. I don’t like linkage blades since they get packed with snow, as someone else also said.

Do we not have a trim and body section? “Paint, Body and Detail” to me suggests more involved paint projects, not really at all wiper blades. I wouldn’t have posted it here. Maybe a general discussion category would be helpful.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Stock are 18” 3/16” pin style
Need a good set of wipers for winter
What are you guys using for the older gmt400 with pin style wipers
1) Pin style wiper arms on the early GMT400s suck to change wiper blades. Do yourself a favor, go to a local salvage yard and get a couple wiper arms from a later GMT400, which have the hook style wiper arm attachment. Way easier to do blade changes.

2) I agree with another poster who said the rubber quality of pretty much all blades is crap. Therefore, I just buy cheap(er) conventional blades, such as Trico. I swap 'em out when they start to chatter, or wipe streaky. About every 6 months. (My mother said wiper blades lasted way longer in the 60s and 70s, a testament to how far quality has declined.)

3) I was surprised at the nannies who scolded the original poster for not posting in the 'right' section. Can't you just answer the guy's question?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3) I was surprised at the nannies who scolded the original poster for not posting in the 'right' section. Can't you just answer the guy's question?
They're simply trying to keep some semblance of order so, when someone wants to research an issue, they can go to that corresponding forum and look.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
2) I agree with another poster who said the rubber quality of pretty much all blades is crap. Therefore, I just buy cheap(er) conventional blades, such as Trico. I swap 'em out when they start to chatter, or wipe streaky. About every 6 months. (My mother said wiper blades lasted way longer in the 60s and 70s, a testament to how far quality has declined.)

The frames weren't replaced back then either, you just bought new "inserts" (the rubber part).

Part of them lasting longer may be due to less miles driven, but also cars didn't stay on the road as long. 100K miles used to be a big deal. I'm not saying the rubber quality hasn't changed, just that there may be more too it.