Best Vortec head spark plugs for reliability and performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a customer that bought hundreds of caps, rotors, wires and thousands of plugs. They were using Vortec 5.7L engines on natural gas for small compressor sites. Some of the larger ones had 8.1s and 8.8s and then some were Cats on natural gas.
I’ve had a few “bad” one end up in my garage ;)
Yessir. They share a block, crank, rods, and other sundries with the diesels, but are otherwise designed for spark ignition of gaseous fuels. They're primarily used in power generation and as prime movers for a variety of natural gas compressors.

Some of the smallest of the line are actually based off of our Vortec 5.7's with a natural gas carburetor, and a generator end attached. Rated at 50kW.
I’ve have been working on natural gas compressors for 15yrs, started on little guys like the small blocks with screw compressors. I mostly work on 3600 cats and Waukesha now. Everything from spark plugs to major overhauls.