Best tool for cutting access panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably tha,t with a GM pump, as the Bosch one is also discontinued. All the more reason to cut a hatch, we simply cant get good parts sometimes. Its just a crap shoot now.

edit: I had considered the vortec pump, but I really dont like how much higher the pressure is, going from 9-14 psi to 55 psi in your fuel system is asking for leaks. That would only make my fiery death guaranteed.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Yes it is, which is why I scour the planet in search of NOS parts!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had considered the vortec pump, but I really dont like how much higher the pressure is, going from 9-14 psi to 55 psi in your fuel system is asking for leaks. That would only make my fiery death guaranteed.
It will only build as much pressure as your regulator spring is set. It just gives you more flow and is more robust than the anemic EP386

ill be driving your way PlayinWithTbi, in September. Going to Utah for a week, watch out for my blazing deathtrap!
I'm only a couple miles off I-10, honk when you go by :biggrin:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really dont like how much higher the pressure is, going from 9-14 psi to 55 psi in your fuel system is asking for leaks.
The pump does not set the fuel system pressure. The pressure regulator sets the fuel system pressure (as long as the return system can handle pump volume.)

In this case, the return system is known to have adequate capacity. Fuel pressure is whatever the regulator allows.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go, perhaps the vortec pump is the way to go. Just get a pump for a 96-99?

edit: just saw part number above, thanks guys