Best source for aftermarket grille, bumper, fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Accidents are never fun, especially when they are vehicles you cherish that are a part of that accident. Hopefully everything works out. I also suggest used OE parts, and if you can find ones that are the exact same color, hey that's even better!
Yup, when I had to replace the door a few years ago, it was quite helpful to have another pewter Burb to get parts from. Even if I still had it, that wouldn't help now since it was hit bad in the front. Would be cool to find a pewter truck in the yard though, with good parts.... we'll see. Gonna go to LKQ near me either tomorrow or Saturday (working all day Friday). See what they have.....my usual yard has trucks, just not pewter or gold ones.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tried to tell them...but those people don't listen to girls.
It's not just girls. They do everyone like that. When you say something to the adjuster you get the "It's just a preliminary estimate until a teardown. I'm going through the same thing where I got rearended. I've done collision work my whole life and been through damage analysis training with I-Car etc and I want a set -up and measure on the estimate and an oem bumper on the my 1.5 year old truck. It's hard to fight them on the aftermarket parts when they guarantee them for as long as you own your vehicle..

They make it nearly impossible for an individual to fix their own car short of dropping it off at a bodyshop. I went through the same thing with another insurance company fixing my mother's car. I needed to file a supplement for a core support and couldn't get anybody to call me back for almost 6 weeks. I wasn't going to pre-order a $700 core support until I had a go ahead.

On the bodyshop shop end I've dealt with adjusters where I've been standing in front of a vehicle with a wadded up frame rail and they stood there telling me they can't see what I'm talking about. They don't like it when you tell them to get their superior down here to look because I'm done playing stupid with you. All of sudden they have no problem seeing.

They are adjusters but their focus is loss prevention.

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It's not just girls. They do everyone like that. When you say something to the adjuster you get the "It's just a preliminary estimate until a teardown. I'm going through the same thing where I got rearended. I've done collision work my whole life and been through damage analysis training with I-Car etc and I want a set -up and measure on the estimate and an oem bumper on the my 1.5 year old truck. It's hard to fight them on the aftermarket parts when they guarantee them for as long as you own your vehicle..

They make it nearly impossible for an individual to fix their own car short of dropping it off at a bodyshop. I went through the same thing with another insurance company fixing my mother's car. I needed to file a supplement for a core support and couldn't get anybody to call me back for almost 6 weeks. I wasn't going to pre-order a $700 core support until I had a go ahead.

On the bodyshop shop end I've dealt with adjusters where I've been standing in front of a vehicle with a wadded up frame rail and they stood there telling me they can't see what I'm talking about. They don't like it when you tell them to get their superior down here to look because I'm done playing stupid with you. All of sudden they have no problem seeing.

They are adjusters but their focus is loss prevention.
Yes I know about LP/AP(asset protection) from dealing with Walmart for the last 28 years. There's good and bad people in that division, just like every other Walmart division. One of my mom's cousins was a cop in Alice, Texas ( down towards the Valley), and then in San Antonio. He went to Walmart LP for more money and safer job, and ended up getting forced out over company and store level politics. Probably retired from wherever he went after that, now; he's older than me.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for. But Allstate has all their claims submitted online now. Our insurance is through Progressive via a local agency. Since we're not Allstate clients, I have to set up an account with them to begin to process the claim. But I have to have a claim # (which I don't have) to get the process started. And of course the other driver hasn't contacted us either.....
Can your insurance assist in getting things moving with Allstate?

Seems like that’s what I did years ago when someone hit me - they were an intermediary of sorts.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Can your insurance assist in getting things moving with Allstate?

Seems like that’s what I did years ago when someone hit me - they were an intermediary of sorts.
If they don't get back in contact with us tomorrow, that's what we will try. The Allstate rep called us early this morning, and hasn't responded to our voicemails yet today.
This whole thing is ridiculous and unnecessary; I get angry every time I walk up to my side of the Burb and see the broken grille and ruined fender......
My Burb was in good condition body wise before their client f ed it up, and I expect for it to be put back right. That's why we have financial responsibility law in Texas.....

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they don't get back in contact with us tomorrow, that's what we will try.
We just went through that last October. I made a claim with our insurance (Farmers) and they billed the other's. That way I got our car towed to the body shop before their insurance (Progressive) even contacted me. Our claim is still open since my wife and her passenger were injured. The other driver only had minimum 25/50 but we have 100/300 so, our insurance is going to cover whatever theirs lacks. The other driver was issued a citation for not yielding the right of way. I was surprised Progressive left a us voicemail a few days later claiming full responsibility. They seem to be a decent company to work with, so far.