Best source for aftermarket grille, bumper, fenders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah man. Sorry to hear about that. Glad you’re ok. I’ll echo what others have said (and what you plan to do), salvage yard. Nothing beats OEM body pieces in my opinion. I need to get to the yard myself, too…

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a couple of leads on Craigslist local-ish. The officer didn't record the phone # for the other driver's insurance,so we'll have to go to an Allstate agent in our area and talk to them.
Once we see how that comes out(and what they're willing to pay!) then I can go hunting. Can't go to the yard till tomorrow, my brother is working today/tonight.

Were you not going to have a body shop do the repairs as part of a claim against the other driver’s insurance? Insist on the GM parts in that case.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An adjuster will only write what they can see so the initial estimate usually comes up short by a large amount. They do this on purpose for the people that want to pocket cash. There's usually other damage once you dig in. Eg: broken headlight panels, damage to core support etc. That they will refuse to write until a teardown is completed. Cashing an insurance check is often considered final "paid in full" settlement.

Be careful.

Last edited:

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I’m curious of the quality of this grille, it’s pricey but the center portion might be a little bit less prone to breaking so easily. It’s on my list to try just haven’t pulled the trigger

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Were you not going to have a body shop do the repairs as part of a claim against the other driver’s insurance? Insist on the GM parts in that case.
That's what I'm hoping for. But Allstate has all their claims submitted online now. Our insurance is through Progressive via a local agency. Since we're not Allstate clients, I have to set up an account with them to begin to process the claim. But I have to have a claim # (which I don't have) to get the process started. And of course the other driver hasn't contacted us either.....

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
An adjuster will only write what they can see so the initial estimate usually comes up short by a large amount. They do this on purpose for the people that want to pocket cash. There's usually other damage once you dig in. Eg: broken headlight panels, damage to core support etc. That they will refuse to write until a teardown is completed. Cashing an insurance check is often considered final "paid in full" settlement.

Be careful.
Yup, we've been down that road before! The first wreck our other 99 Burb was in, about six weeks before the one that killed it, we had that happen. Busted the seam between the radiator tank and core enough to disturb the gasket, and the adjuster didn't catch it. I had to fill the bottle up every morning, so I was aware of the problem. Tried to tell them...but those people don't listen to girls.
Right after my parents got married, my dad's 55 Chevy got stolen ( they were living in Austin then). They went around and around with their insurance company on that car. He had already done some mods to it, and the company didn't want to pay.....
We also had to fight for a proper settlement on that other Burb's second wreck, and on a couple of company trucks with our parts store.
Thanks for the warning, appreciate your concern!
It's posts like this that make me REALLY thankful for this community!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I hope it works out as smoothly as possible for you.
I do too! Again, I appreciate everyone's advice and concern!
Ah man. Sorry to hear about that. Glad you’re ok. I’ll echo what others have said (and what you plan to do), salvage yard. Nothing beats OEM body pieces in my opinion. I need to get to the yard myself, too…
I want to see what they offer, what their adjuster says, and then we'll go from there. If I can find good pieces here in town and a place that'll paint them and install them, that'd be the best case scenario. Other than getting genuine GM new stuff painted and installed....

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Accidents are never fun, especially when they are vehicles you cherish that are a part of that accident. Hopefully everything works out. I also suggest used OE parts, and if you can find ones that are the exact same color, hey that's even better!