Best pliers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10mm Nut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys. Wondering what your take is on the best pliers? I work as a maintenance tech in a chicken plant and personally I love knipex. What do you guys prefer?
Would love if you could point me in a direction that might even be better than knipex.

You've already got the best pliers in the world. After 31 years of being a mechanic I have found no pliers higher quality than Knipex.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Knipex! I had heard about how wonderful they are and thought it was overhype, until I got a set of Cobras. They are indeed worth the extra cost. Most used pliers for mechanic, home, plumbing and general garage use. Most of my other pliers are Channellocks, which I also like. Some older Craftsman and just one or 2 Chicom pliers in the mix. I'm not a plier nerd though, just have a basic set. Klein/Southwire of wire stripper/crimper. My plier drawer has lots of colors, LOL.

I think my Cobras are 10": https://www.lowes.com/pd/KNIPEX-Cobra-Water-Pump-12-in-V-Jaw-Pliers/1000341269

Garagejournal has some interesting threads on all kinds of pliers, comparisons and they know who makes what, etc.

What type of pliers do you use at the plant?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
here's the last set of pliers I bought. I'm cheap as well but these were bought on sale. I'm a cabinet maker so having a couple really good pairs of pliers is a must, especially if I was thrown into doing some damn plumbing, I usually refuse as I'm not a plumber and well I dont want the liability. but anyways these are the best locking pliers I'v ever used. where it says irwin is a button that you press to move the jaws up and down, not like the ordinary "channel locks". they cant slide or pop out of the gear. I've had them for a few years and never met a sink it couldnt change.

You must be registered for see images attach

now in terms of brand names most of my tools at home would be consider antique. I have so many, "garage sale" tools with an awesome patina. all the old stuff was built ver well but I enjoy Channel locks myself. look at this little itty bitty cute lil mini channel lock, this is the smallest one I have and I also have one with a 10" jaw in the tool chest.
You must be registered for see images attach