Best manual tranny for drag racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justinjustme

Reaction score
Okay so the title of this post is what I put in the search when I first found this form it gave me nothing but talking about NV 3500s and 4500 like that I'm not wanting something like that I have a two-wheel drive extra cab short bed that originally had a 5-speed I couldn't stand the idea of putting that crap back in it so I dropped a Muncie 4 speed in it with and internal hydraulic throwout bearing well it's been kind of cool I do want fifth-year back has anyone ever put a t56 or tremek 500 or 600 in their truck? Sorry about the lack of punctuation talk to text is the only way I type product of USA education.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
The new TKX trans is a bunch faster shifting at even higher rpm than a TKO.

Lenco still beats it at the track. You wouldn't want one on the street though.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay so the title of this post is what I put in the search when I first found this form it gave me nothing but talking about NV 3500s and 4500 like that I'm not wanting something like that I have a two-wheel drive extra cab short bed that originally had a 5-speed I couldn't stand the idea of putting that crap back in it so I dropped a Muncie 4 speed in it with and internal hydraulic throwout bearing well it's been kind of cool I do want fifth-year back has anyone ever put a t56 or tremek 500 or 600 in their truck? Sorry about the lack of punctuation talk to text is the only way I type product of USA education.
I can't help much with a 5 speed but, I've had the M22, T10 both behind a SBC, and Mopar's 4 speed behind a 440. My question is - what's all that white stuff in the 2nd picture? :anitoof: :Big Laugh: :biggrin:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few local drag guys have Lenco trans. After my chevelle ate the M21 Muncy, I located a M22 rockcrusher fixed, but technology moves forward. Good luck.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
I loved my M22 in my chevelle, but as was said a lenco, or a Jereco 4spd split case. But the only one which has street manners is the M22. And even then it's pushing it.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote for a sequential manual, but I have no idea what would be feasible in these trucks on a reasonable budget. Even though they are for road racing I've seen videos of them in drag racing and it's spectacular.