Best lift for 2000 k3500 dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think bolt on or custom? I found a pic of a truck i really like the height of, i cant tell what it is. What are my options? Whats the biggest i can go? Id rather do it right the first time.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To take a stab at it, it appears to be a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. It looks like it is on 35" tires which you'll need a dually spacer for. That is also a short bed dually which GM only made in 99-00.

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
To take a stab at it, it appears to be a 6" suspension lift and a 3" body lift. It looks like it is on 35" tires which you'll need a dually spacer for. That is also a short bed dually which GM only made in 99-00.

Well the top trucks a diesel so for now body lifts off the table. Are there any lifts on the market bigger then 6"?
Also what is a dually spacer?

Johnny89345

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait which ones a short bed? I didnt pick mine up yet. I won the auction last night.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no one make a lift kit bigger than 6" so you'll have to add a body lift if you want that lift height. The center driveshaft support is deigned opposite of newer trucks in that the bearing sits on top of the cross member instead of below. You can't put a spacer on to decrease the angle. A 6" already puts the driveshaft at a tight angle. I have a 6" lift kit, I understand.

I have a Rough Country 6" Lift Kit on my K3500 SRW and it's great in terms of overall installation and quality. It holds up well in the rocky and steep Colorado mountain 4x4 trails, but there's a few places it could have been designed better. I've heard great things about RCD, and I almost went with a Tuff Country lift kit, but it was harder to get in the time crunch I was in.

Papikev252

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no one make a lift kit bigger than 6" so you'll have to add a body lift if you want that lift height. The center driveshaft support is deigned opposite of newer trucks in that the bearing sits on top of the cross member instead of below. You can't put a spacer on to decrease the angle. A 6" already puts the driveshaft at a tight angle. I have a 6" lift kit, I understand.

I have a Rough Country 6" Lift Kit on my K3500 SRW and it's great in terms of overall installation and quality. It holds up well in the rocky and steep Colorado mountain 4x4 trails, but there's a few places it could have been designed better. I've heard great things about RCD, and I almost went with a Tuff Country lift kit, but it was harder to get in the time crunch I was in.
Sorry to revive an old thread but FTS makes them way bigger now for GMT400s