Best Front/Rear Coilover Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@509OBS

How do you have the coils tuned? I'm planning on having them be soft with some softer springs (going with ridetech recommendation) for now.

Also nice Wheels. I have a set of the Matte Gunmetal Ramblers on the way.

509OBS

Reaction score
Fronts are 4 clicks off stiff. I'm a little concerned I need a heavier spring for the big block, but no issues yet. Backs are set 12 middle.

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can always call Ridetech and talk to their tech line. They'll let you know what spring rate you need.

Enitalp

Reaction score
Nice Thread.
I'm planning to do a full QA1, or ridetech, i want mostly confort, so i will drop the minimum and go with 17" /18 " wheel not 22s ;p
Still have to decide the kit.

But there is a catch. i have a K1500, so i've seen a guy did it (with another brand, can't remember) , some fab and reinforcement seem to be needed in front. back change nothing.
Or i have the possibilities of making a C from my K, will help for my new 800hp trans, much easier. Being a C open also for me the door of bigbrake in front, there is nothing for the K,

So QA1 or ridetech ? or other i should look.
K or C ? Would have prefered of course to find a kit that fit the K, bolt on. but it was a dream. So removing a lot a dead weight that could help me 1 or 2 days by year, (and now i can choose to not go out, as i work from home) and commit a sacrilege to remove the front dif, axles, etc.. from an OBS ?

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not installing the rear wishbone yet just to save money for other more pressing things and will have it done at a later time, but I'm getting these brakes and front coil overs installed very soon. That said, what are those seats because they look AMAZING and I might need to get them, especially if there's a middle seat option.
man sorry I been off the site for a while. thanks for the compliment, the seats are factory buckets I found on ebay believe it or not. They are both power all the way, even are heated haha, and simply bolted in and plugged into the harness that was already there. I had them recovered and a center console built by local upholstery shop. Its not leather, its vinyl that smells, feels, looks and probly tastes like leather.

homeslice

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You've had some time with these now, how are you liking them?

I'm in the process of getting the ProPerfomance brake kit installed and replacing the worn out suspension. I'm between the steetgrip or going all out with coilovers.
Im justn now getting the truck on the road. went and had the exhaust done today. I have to say, its pretty badass. rides great, like a car. Handles awesome, brakes so far seem to be good. there is an extensive rotor prep and bed in process for the brakes, which I have only just begun - but so far the brakes are great. I ended up going with 4.10 gears, and man they are fun. I turn 3000rpm at 85mph, but sure do get there fast haha ! pretty happy with it so far. ridetech suspension makes the truck really a fun and a pleasure to drive.