Best forward headers for 97 S10 Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 97 S10 Blazer with a sbc 350. It has Headman swap shorties, but tired of 4 and 6 plug boots burning up. Wanting to go with forward mount headers. It's a strip only ride. Any ideas?
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet you could get good answers on an S10 forum.

Short spark plugs, thermal sleeves over the plug boots?

Dimple the existing headers?

If that steel-braid fuel hose is actually rubbing on the lower rad hose as it appears in the photo...you're going to have a hole in the radiator hose before long. And lose the hose clamps. Install proper hose ends.

Reaction score

If that steel-braid fuel hose is actually rubbing on the lower rad hose as it appears in the photo...you're going to have a hole in the radiator hose before long. And lose the hose clamps. Install proper hose ends.
That was just a set up for the carb. Will be adding new lines.

Reaction score

As far as s10 forums, those guy are usually LS not sbc.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drop those wires down from the valve cover instead of trying to run up underneath. I have my 6 & 8 drop down and cross right before they snap in place and they stay clear of the primaries pretty well.