Best diff locks and 6" lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
kinda disagree there id love to have a stock height gmt400 back with front and rear selectable lockers instead of my SAS truck.

Is your truck too high now? Rides too rough? Why do you say that?

I've looked into SAS for my K3500 CCLB SRW, but don't want to raise much. It's already kinda high on the rear. I have 265/75/16 tires on it. It makes loading and unloading stuff from the bed a bit challenging sometimes...of course, that only matters if you use the truck as a truck. I think adding 4-6" of lift would make it unusable for me for hauling stuff in the bed. Unless I get a tommy lift gate, LOL.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am from Belgium..., thanks for the info already, for the rear locks, is one better than the other or al the same, for me its inportant that I can go wherever I want with my truck, it can be automatic lock like a g80 for example, maybe a stronger version, or a e locker but whats more trustable? And also easy to install...
Do you really need a locker for the rear? I personally prefer clutch style posi traction for the rear. An Eaton posi carrier would be a good choice. For the front, A locker would make sense if they are available. With as many GM IFS trucks out there I’m surprised there aren’t more choices for this.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Is your truck too high now? Rides too rough? Why do you say that?

I've looked into SAS for my K3500 CCLB SRW, but don't want to raise much. It's already kinda high on the rear. I have 265/75/16 tires on it. It makes loading and unloading stuff from the bed a bit challenging sometimes...of course, that only matters if you use the truck as a truck. I think adding 4-6" of lift would make it unusable for me for hauling stuff in the bed. Unless I get a tommy lift gate, LOL.

rides fine about 9", body roll sucks, sway bar helped some but rides rougher now with the sway than before. so its kinda a crapshoot there. mileage went out the window, im fat and older now too, beds kinda useless, its too gutless to tow with. still a fun truck just would like a stock height truck back with modded ifs for a driver. lifted IFS was horrid though, SAS over lifted IFS anyday. if i were you id level it to the rear and call it a day.

living in michigan during winter i loved the e locker, also loved the trutrac but by all means it was a pleasure drive and not a casual drive.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would totally go with Eaton they are a good brand and quality is very excellent

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I have a Detroit in the back of my 97 dually. I love it, its locked up 95% of the time, only unlocks on hot days going around tight turns with no throttle.

In the winter its like having 4 wheel steering when you want to go sideways a little bit. Let off the throttle and it straightens right out. I rarely have to use 4wd, only in real deep snow with an ice layer under the snow.

RideRed2K16

Reaction score
Hello I am Anthony Campagnie

I have a 96 k3500 srw crew cab long bed 454 vortec, it has no g80, 4x4 doesnt work for the moment so very difficult to go anywhere, i would like to install front and rear diff locks, what is the best option? Also for liftkit 6"? Thx
Hello Anthony
I had great luck running Detroits tru trac locker. Worth every penny.