Best diff locks and 6" lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello I am Anthony Campagnie

I have a 96 k3500 srw crew cab long bed 454 vortec, it has no g80, 4x4 doesnt work for the moment so very difficult to go anywhere, i would like to install front and rear diff locks, what is the best option? Also for liftkit 6"? Thx

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't believe there are currently any front lockers for the GM 9.25" front IFS...

For the rear, you can do Detroit, ARB air locker, E-locker... there's pretty of options for the 10.5 14 bolt axle.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno where you are but I have a brand new in the box Superlift 5-7" for a 1 ton. May or may not put it on.....plenty of options for lockers. Not sure if one is still available or not for the front.

Reaction score
I am from Belgium..., thanks for the info already, for the rear locks, is one better than the other or al the same, for me its inportant that I can go wherever I want with my truck, it can be automatic lock like a g80 for example, maybe a stronger version, or a e locker but whats more trustable? And also easy to install...

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in the front 9.25 i meant, sorry
Ok, gotcha...you know I was wrong on my Post #2. They do make an ARB air locker for the GM 9.25" : https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2893836-gm-aam-9-25-ifs-arb-air-locker-rd197-33-spline-all.html

I can't remember if I read that this unit (or another unit) is prone to cracking the case though. I don't know for sure. Plus, it is pretty spendy, then you need the little compressor.

I would personally look at doing a SAS if I wanted a locker, but probably at least double or triple the cost of the ARB.

Reaction score
Ok, gotcha...you know I was wrong on my Post #2. They do make an ARB air locker for the GM 9.25" : https://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-2893836-gm-aam-9-25-ifs-arb-air-locker-rd197-33-spline-all.html

I can't remember if I read that this unit (or another unit) is prone to cracking the case though. I don't know for sure. Plus, it is pretty spendy, then you need the little compressor.

I would personally look at doing a SAS if I wanted a locker, but probably at least double or triple the cost of the ARB.
Whats an SAS?