Best aftermarket Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Second tab in on the dash bezel was disintegrated. I did get the metal clip out of the dash. Should I try and remake it out of jb weld or will it be fine without it?

I’m going to put the dash pocket in. Anyone run a charging cord up through the back of one? Where did you draw your power?

Anything y’all would suggest to do while I’ve got the dash apart? I need to replace the recirculate button light. The cruise control light is out I guess I could replace that. Is that as straight forward as just taking the speedo out and putting in a new bulb?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How did you mount your crossover box? I’m hopefully gonna put them in tomorrow

IIRC they're in the doors, but I had a shop install the front ones so I'm not exactly sure on the placement.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a little heads up.... try to keep the xovers OUT of the doors. All the slamming and rattling is super hard on the components, plus exposure to the elements is not good for them.....

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Are they not all wired together? How would you not have it in the door?

I’ve never done audio stuff before this is a legitimate question. I got the headunit in and wired. Planning on putting the sub and front speakers in tomorrow while the Jags loose. The headunit you are able to put in speaker size and for the rears I put none so it cut power to them so problem solved with the rattle speaker for now until I decide what I want to do! I am concerned though because a quick scroll through the settings I didn’t see a setting for the sub just for the bass boost which would be disappointing. I’ll know more tomorow.

What’s yalls thoughts on the broken tab? I think I plan on leaving it alone. I’m sure it was broken before I touched it.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well sure they are wired together, thats how they work. Put the xover in the kick panel and run the mid and tweet wires into the door for the speakers..... easy peasy!!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a little heads up.... try to keep the xovers OUT of the doors. All the slamming and rattling is super hard on the components, plus exposure to the elements is not good for them.....

Good advice for sure. The car audio shop I used to deal with had some less than stellar practices, which I'm sure is part of the reason they're not around any longer.