Best 2/4 Drop? Is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devyn Pyle

Reaction score
I'm new to the OBS community and I am very new to lowering trucks, usually I went the opposite direction. I was curious as to what the best lowering kit for a 2/4 drop is. I do want want to cut the frame, hence my height choice, also, is there any drivetrain problems that may be caused? If so could I be informed of a place that tells me how to fix it, or perhaps someone tell me how. Thanks and sorry for the newb questions...

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I'm new to the OBS community and I am very new to lowering trucks, usually I went the opposite direction. I was curious as to what the best lowering kit for a 2/4 drop is. I do want want to cut the frame, hence my height choice, also, is there any drivetrain problems that may be caused? If so could I be informed of a place that tells me how to fix it, or perhaps someone tell me how. Thanks and sorry for the newb questions...

For a 2/4 you're gonna want to get 2" drop spindles for the front then 2" lowering spring shackles and 2" lowering spring hangars for the rear. If you wanted to go a little cheaper then you could get drop springs for the front instead but spindles will ride a little better.
Also you will have to get shorter shocks for the rear so I suggest going ahead and getting all 4 new ones.
McGaughy's and Belltech are usually the big companies that most people use, best I remember Belltech spindles push out the track width some but I don't remember all the details maybe someone else can chime in on that. Of course there are tons of companies that sell kits or the individual pieces.

I have spindles from ebay and then some shackles from ebay and then a friend gave me hangars for free.

The only drivetrain problem you might have is the pinion angle on your rear end and if it's out of angle you just get some shims and install them.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest it was on the truck when I got it. So I really dont know

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no clue. Ill have to look next time I put her on the ramps.