Bench seat re-upholster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My truck has the bench seat with the fold down armrest for the driver. At 190,000 miles the driver seat is pretty worn, including the edge towards the door.

These are the seats with the upholstery glued directly to the foam.

What are the options to replace the foam? I can put a seat cover on it to make it look a little better but that of course won't help with the worn out foam.

The seats I see at the local salvage yards are always ratty.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I've seen the foam on eBay when I was looking for covers, but I didn't do any real research to see if there were other sites. IIRC, only the fabric is glued on. If they are leather they have some Velcro and hog rings. And I'm not exactly sure on what year your truck is, I was looking at the 95+ GMT400 ones, and not sure if you have a bench or buckets seats, but here is what I seen looking at bucket material.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-1999-...m=263348175070&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Not to mention, I have no clue where you could get the fabric if needed. I did see a roll on eBay a while back but haven't searched lately.