Before LS powering a 95 Tahoe 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldHoster

Reaction score
I have a 95 Tahoe 2 Door 4x4 that I off road fairly often, I am planing to swap a LS into it a later date. I am going to put a Holley Terminator X that I already have to run it. I also have the carb style Terminator X to run it. It has a 383 motor in it now that was built less than 5k miles ago, so I am going to wait a bit to put the motor in it, it already has a built 4L60E. Here is my question, what root's style super charger would you put on it? I have a few marine ones off of my old boats where I went 8-71's from a B&M 250 that would fit.

Thoughts?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heat is your enemy. A bigger blower spinning slower makes cooler boost. That said, the 250 looks big, and I think an 8-71 would be overkill. If you put either on your motor, we want pics.

Once you cut a hole in the hood, do you have a garage to store your truck? I had nothing but trouble with rain water after I cut the hood on my Jag.