Bed rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone made one or thought of doing it. Looking for opinions on it. Thinking of doing one want to do a roof top tent on it and be able to store my spare and camping supplys. Possibly a couple jerry cans too.
Looking at doing one like this
You must be registered for see images attach

But with the light type set up like this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
First one looks cool beans but expensive. Not a fan of the spare placement but looks a fairly practical spot all things considered. Would work well for the ground search rig I'd like to eventually build.

Can't say I like anything about the Toyota one...

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The toyota one just give me kind of an idea on how to do a tent on top while still haveing lights up there. But I'm probably going with the first one as my starting poing. I wouldn't put my spare there either its just the shell I like. Want my spare to be on tge bed itself. Probably up towards the front so I have room to put othe stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Jason Glover

Reaction score
So, I realize this was all several years ago... but did anyone go through with building on? There is a huge market for the bed racks and stuff now but not really for my long bed, and I’ve already got a rack/basket on the roof (crew cab)

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those things look cool but I just don't see how they are any better than a normal lumber rack, aside from the side-mounted stuff, which can be added to an existing rack much easier than building one from scratch. Also, despite these things being all the rage lately, there are still far more used lumber racks out there for just a few hundred bucks that would be more useful anyway.

I've kicked around the idea of welding a grate to the underside of the part of my lumber rack that extends over the cab so that I can have a "roof rack" section while still maintaining it's use as a lumber rack.

I've even seen guys with both a roof rack and a bed rack and wondered why not just get a lumber rack?

Also that spare mount would be nice since you can still put stuff under it in the bed, but I think that it would severely reduce your rear visibility.

Chevyguy78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a hella old thread but has any one found or built a bed rack for their trucks yet?