Bed cross member replacement.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seth9199

Reaction score
So i want to replace the bet supports on my short bed but i cant find a short bed kit. However i found a kit for the long bed so what im wondering is would that kit work for a short bed?. Or would the mounts be different?
926-984 is the dorman part number.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Being that the bed fits 2wd and 4wd I would guess that the kit that you listed will work,you are going to have an extra cross member

seth9199

Reaction score
i figured i would have an extra just wanted to make sure it would mount up ok

Ollie B

Reaction score
I recently spoke to Dorman about these rails. I needed a set for the 97 short box I'm doing.

They are the same and yes you will have an extra support when used on a short box, but the bad part is they are sold out everywhere.

I went ahead and placed an order from a local dealer and Dorman replied they would run another batch with an ETA of 90 days. That was 2 weeks ago.

Hope this helps.

seth9199

Reaction score
I recently spoke to Dorman about these rails. I needed a set for the 97 short box I'm doing.

They are the same and yes you will have an extra support when used on a short box, but the bad part is they are sold out everywhere.

I went ahead and placed an order from a local dealer and Dorman replied they would run another batch with an ETA of 90 days. That was 2 weeks ago.

Hope this helps.
Hey thanks yeah im not planning on the project till summer. So that works out.i wasent sure if it was like the dodge where they used a different one for short and long beds