Be careful about returns with CarID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dylan Burow

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took me almost a month to get a core sent back for a gearbox on a 2007-08 Tahoe. I would mostly avoid anything to do with their online customer care. There were unable to send me the return shipping information by email which I gave them 9 times. The it took them almost a month to send me the shipping information by mail. All I can say is there great when it comes to sending you products, but to return cores it’s a complete waste of your time.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took me almost a month to get a core sent back for a gearbox on a 2007-08 Tahoe. I would mostly avoid anything to do with their online customer care. There were unable to send me the return shipping information by email which I gave them 9 times. The it took them almost a month to send me the shipping information by mail. All I can say is there great when it comes to sending you products, but to return cores it’s a complete waste of your time.
I bought a wiper motor from them a few months back. The core charge was $30. The part arrived quickly but was drop shipped from the factory. When I placed the order their website said a return shipping label and instructions would be in the box. Of course there was nothing in the box other than the wiper motor. I tried every way I knew to contact them so I could return the core for credit but never got a reply. The core still rests under my desk and I’m out 30 bucks.

Steve Addy

Reaction score
This is a big reason I would rather buy a used xxxxx and have it rebuilt locally if I can, core charges render a economy of the product moot if you can't get it returned and all in all it's just a big hassle.

Unfortunately I've noticed that I'm seeing more and more core charges, or wanting cores returned, especially for brakes or common rebuild items. And the core charge is anything but friendly anymore.

Steve

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other returns are a bit of a pain. I remember setting my steering wheel back for the core even though I know it was kind of bent because I have anger issues. But they took care of it. I still paid the core charge