Basket case ‘94 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a gauge cluster off the FB 400 page today for $85 shipped. Guy was getting rid of 11 of them and offered them on FB before he put them on eBay. I’ve already started a list of things to buy, glad I can cross one thing off. He posted a photo of all the lights lit up as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scored some incredibly solid seats at the salvage yard. 60/40 and the driver's side is power. I grabbed the harness as well. I don't have a gray truck though. So My plans for these are to get them redone in red cloth or leather. I will then clean up the OEM covers and sell them here on the forum. Would I be a b*stard for having these redone? Does anyone need a set of gray seats?

I was also thinking about having an arm rest added to the drivers side since it would be nice to have one.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I scored some incredibly solid seats at the salvage yard. 60/40 and the driver's side is power. I grabbed the harness as well. I don't have a gray truck though. So My plans for these are to get them redone in red cloth or leather. I will then clean up the OEM covers and sell them here on the forum. Would I be a b*stard for having these redone? Does anyone need a set of gray seats?

I was also thinking about having an arm rest added to the drivers side since it would be nice to have one.

Those seat covers can't be reused. On the leather seats you can replace the covers by separating them from the foam but the cloth seats have the covers glued to the foam.

Jbaer

Reaction score
Definitely has lots of potential and pretty clean. I'm working with a 89 2500 st the moment but not dealing with tbi. Bought the truck for 300 and only block and heads so I am in the process of carb swap. I can't help how bad a** a 2500 looks. Tru definition of "solid" nice find.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those seat covers can't be reused. On the leather seats you can replace the covers by separating them from the foam but the cloth seats have the covers glued to the foam.
Darn it. That’s right. Maybe I’d be better off trading these or selling them. I don’t want to hack these up.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely has lots of potential and pretty clean. I'm working with a 89 2500 st the moment but not dealing with tbi. Bought the truck for 300 and only block and heads so I am in the process of carb swap. I can't help how bad a** a 2500 looks. Tru definition of "solid" nice find.
Nice! Hope your 89 is going well. Post up some photos!

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting here thinking about what my plans for this truck are.. I think I might turn it into a light camping rig. I figure I could get a topper fairly cheap and deck out the bed with some storage and hit the road with my GF. We both want to travel more but hate hotels and would prefer to camp.

Anyone else ever done something similar? I know people do this but would be cool to see it in a GMT400. Feel free to post yours and share ideas.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I priced a set of 245/75/R16 Goodyear Duratracs for this truck. $1,574-$200 rebate for a total of $1,364. That includes mounting/balancing. About what I expected though. I had a set previously and liked them. Any other suggestions? The current tires are 7 years old and have faint cracking on the side wall.