Basically new.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, but it IS practically a new truck. Isn't that around what it would have cost new?

Probably...and for S&Gs, $22,500 in 1998 would be equivalent to $36,357 in 2020, LOL. No wonder everyone says new trucks are like $30-40k overpriced!

https://smartasset.com/investing/inflation-calculator#3alWnWLRhg

But still a very nice truck! Has that fancy interior trim too.

New-ish trucks 2 or 3 years old already have 100k miles on the clock. This thing has only 19k! Roughly 900 miles per year if averaged out, LOL.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably...and for S&Gs, $22,500 in 1998 would be equivalent to $36,357 in 2020, LOL. No wonder everyone says new trucks are like $30-40k overpriced!

https://smartasset.com/investing/inflation-calculator#3alWnWLRhg

But still a very nice truck! Has that fancy interior trim too.

New-ish trucks 2 or 3 years old already have 100k miles on the clock. This thing has only 19k! Roughly 900 miles per year if averaged out, LOL.
One thing I have been curious about on the older trucks with low mileage like this is how do the oem parts on them hold up if people start driving them. For an example, does that 19k mile fuel pump still last for 120k despite being 22 years old? I've always wondered about stuff like that. Super nice truck though.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One thing I have been curious about on the older trucks with low mileage like this is how do the oem parts on them hold up if people start driving them. For an example, does that 19k mile fuel pump still last for 120k despite being 22 years old? I've always wondered about stuff like that. Super nice truck though.

Good question I wondered that too. I think it will last a long time but I could see electrical issues. Because of it sitting. Other then that. Low miles parts should last since there barely broken in lol. 20k miles was a long time ago for me lol I bet we were at that in 2000 or 01

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a good question and no expert on the subject.

I think parts breakdown from wear and from age. Can't say what contributes to what. It all depends.

So say a fuel pump is likely to break down because it's 22 years old and less likely to break down from wear.
Tires would be a classic example.

But I think as long as it was driven regularly, it should be in very good condition. If it sat and wasn't driven it would be evident with dried out weatherstripping, hoses, etc. May have been even garaged.

In all honesty, the average Joe or Jose probably won't buy this truck for a daily driver. It's more likely to get purchased from an enthusist or collector with a nice bank account.

Last edited:

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good question I wondered that too. I think it will last a long time but I could see electrical issues. Because of it sitting. Other then that. Low miles parts should last since there barely broken in lol. 20k miles was a long time ago for me lol I bet we were at that in 2000 or 01
Tell me about it. My truck had a 1 at the start of the odometer the moment I got it and a 2 not long after it. Lol I would have loved to have seen it with only 20k on the clock.