Barn door 2dr Hoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Barn doors are nice until you look in your rear view mirror and see a big ugly blind spot because of the door frame. its annoying as hell. I have two 2 door trucks and both have the liftgate/hatch. I refuse to get one with barn doors.

And swapping them is not worth the hassle. The hinges must be adapted to the body and its not plug and play. it would be like trying to add a hardtop to a convertible

X2 Hated the barn doors on both my Burbans

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont get everyone hating on barn doors lol, I mean ya you got that blind spot but most cars/trucks have some, had my hoe for over 2 years have no issues seeing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I dont get everyone hating on barn doors lol, I mean ya you got that blind spot but most cars/trucks have some, had my hoe for over 2 years have no issues seeing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

With me its more of an image thing. Drove me nuts having the offset handle. Same reason I put a '98 dash in my '96, I hated the big dip with the cupholders, looked weird to me. Looks cleaner with an almost straight-across look from the outside. And as much as I can't stand the '94-earlier dashes, I'm about to pick up a '93 simply because it's a damn good deal I can't pass up

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes the post is an issue, but you learn to make the best of it when that's what you have. Both my 400 Burbs have doors, and my last square body (90 R2500) did too. At least the 400 doors open straight out instead of up and over all the way out like the square body. Another thing we've learned from the barn doors is that if you're lining up on a trailer, the post helps to center line it. I agree on the offset door handle, but if they're painted body color, the handles disappear. Want to do this to my truck but must replace a broken one before then.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I somehow ended up with two 1995 Tahoes, both black “patina” [emoji849] with the tailgate. One is a Sport so it has rear defroster and wiper, the other Base (WT grille) with no rear defroster or wiper.