Bagged Front Suspension Shock Mountig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Before embarking on bagging the front end of my 1993 ECSB, I am trying to find as much info on relocating a set of shocks in the front end, and the ideal shock to use for this.
Does anyone have any pictures, clearance issues, experience they could share on this?

Thanks

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you doing for control arms?
I don't have shocks in the front, I will be switching to MMW arms in the near future and will mount the shocks according to their tabs.
As far as shocks themselves go, I've always measured the needed stroke and found ones that work. I think the ones I have in the rear are F350 shocks.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are you doing for control arms?
I don't have shocks in the front, I will be switching to MMW arms in the near future and will mount the shocks according to their tabs.
As far as shocks themselves go, I've always measured the needed stroke and found ones that work. I think the ones I have in the rear are F350 shocks.
Thank you for the reply back.
I am using stock upper and lower A Arms.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you relocate the mounting tabs?
Certainly. The stock shock runs through the Coil Spring, so they have to be relocated to a top mount welded/bolted to the frame, and a bottom mount tab welded to the lower A Arm.
The problem I have is fining a kit or some pictures as I dont want to have to experiment with wheel fitment for shock clearance as well..

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
Ok i went with the RideTech Coolride set up for stock control arms, it comes with shocks and the relocation kit. They believe i have seen them forsale solo. I have 20x8's in the front and they do not rub even at full lock. I CAN TAKE BETTER PICS IF IT WOULD HELP ANYONE.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

chevychit

Reaction score
Just bagged my 96 ecsb I haven't installed the shock mounts yet but I have everything I need for it and have checked alot of mounts out. I ended up buying universal shock mounts, also used on Square body trux, right at center of bumpstop location, and fabbed up some upper out of angle and using the same shocks I had with the bar knocked out . As of now it's not a bad ride with none. If I keep my speed and ride height low, lol