Back Country Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
So I did get them mounted this past weekend. They were taking up too much space in my garage floor. I've driven less than 2 miles on them in the past 3 days so I have no idea as to the ride characteristics.

They do look pretty good. I like the size. I checked the DOT code and the blackwall side I had mounted out does not have the date code. I suspect the white wall side has it and they just stamped one side.

I'll try to remember to look when I have them off next and will report back once I have some pics and miles to review them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Did you get the tire plant code?

I did see some Les Scwhab references while Googling, too.... I think they may be the more recent owner of the name,

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
So I had these on the highway yesterday.

Very happy with how quiet they are.

It was also sprinkling rain a fair bit. They seemed to do just fine. The tiniest amount of "grabby" feel here and there but I'm almost certain that is my front alignment and steering components.

Harder than the tires that were on it but not rock hard or anything. They are a e range 10 ply.

We'll see how they wear and how tough they are. But thankfully they dont act like they're going to be super loud.