Back Country Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
What does everyone know about these tires?

I understand they are made by Cooper. I have had the ST Maxx all terrains from Cooper before and loved them.

I just committed to a wholesale set for $110 a tire for a 295/75/16 10 ply all terrain. Not sure if I will ultimately go 33" or 35" so don't want to over commit to a thousand dollar set of tires I'm going to size out of soon.

Just looking for general experience and feedback on them.

I have yet to mount them fyi but will update the thread with my experience and pics after I do.

You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I got them from a wholesaler in KS called tredz central.

They're supposed to have a delivery to my town on the 21st so I'll pick then up then but at only $110 a tire I thought I'd give them a try.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Cooper is a good brand, Sounds like you got a good deal! They look like they might be winter rated also with those sip's

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Well do not have a mounted review yet, but picked them up today from the delivery guy.

295/75/16 $440 for a set. No tax!

Measure in right at 33 1/4" unmounted and not aired.

By comparison the tires on the truck right now are a 235/85/16.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Rubber is nice and sticky and pliable. Really deep tread. Lots of siping. Not super duper heavy for a 10ply E range. Although I dont have the weight specs. Just by feel.

First impressions at least

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Check the DOT code on these tires. This was a Dean Tire product, which was owned by Cooper, and I find an article from 2011 saying that Cooper was discontinuing Dean.

There is still a Dean Tire website, but the copyright is 2018, and it's rather sparce. It could be the name was sold?

https://www.tirereview.com/dean-is-done-at-cooper/

I looked up the Tredz tire site, and the 295s were the only size I saw for this tire, which makes me think it's leftover stock.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Check the DOT code on these tires. This was a Dean Tire product, which was owned by Cooper, and I find an article from 2011 saying that Cooper was discontinuing Dean.

There is still a Dean Tire website, but the copyright is 2018, and it's rather sparce. It could be the name was sold?

https://www.tirereview.com/dean-is-done-at-cooper/

I looked up the Tredz tire site, and the 295s were the only size I saw for this tire, which makes me think it's leftover stock.

I'd say these suspicions are probably pretty fair. Let me look into that as well. Very well may be clear out NOS.

But even if that's the case I'm very impressed at the condition. They felt and appear as new as any brand new tire I've ever had installed.

Last edited: