Axle shafts who makes the good stuff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who makes good axle shafts. My 10 bolt might need new ones who can i get good ones from?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moser, Currie, Strange, and probably 5 others I've forgotten. I'm not sure how you can't find them.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to replace bent axle shaft on a NBS 99 10 bolt (bone stock) after hitting a curb on an icy day.

My mechanic went to Napa and picked up a replacement. This was in like 2013-ish. It's been at least 100k since then and it's still good at 265k. Not sure what manufacturer it was though, but I'd say "good" enough for an OEM application.

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're talking about a 10-bolt 8,5 rear axle, the thing is totaled when the gear lube gets old.

There is NO WAY I'd blow money on a replacement axle shaft or two, when for a little more, you could replace the weak and fragile 8.5" axle with a 9.5" axle assembly.

ANY aftermarket axle shaft from a reputable manufacturer is likely to be at least as good--and probably better--than the OEM axle shafts. No promises on cheap-junk Chinese axle shafts.

Moser, Currie, Strange, and probably 5 others I've forgotten. I'm not sure how you can't find them.
In no particular order:
1. Yukon
2. Motive Gear
3. Richmond
4. Summit Racing (house brand)
5. Mark Williams Enterprises
6. Alloy USA

I've got a pair of Alloy USA axle shafts in the barn, too lazy to cram them under the 'Camino.

Last edited: